The HTML5Validation plugin for CKEditor extends the core Forms plugin adding a Form Validation tab onto several elements. This allows you to add HTML5 Form Validation attributes onto your forms inside of CKEditor.
- Adds Form Validation tab to textfield, textarea, radio, checkbox, and select form dialogs. The Form Validation tab allows you to set the HTML5 Required & Pattern attributes
- Adds Form Validation tab to form dialog. This allows you to add a novalidate HTML5 attribute to the form tag to disable HTML5 form validation
- CKEditor version 4.4.7 or greater [http://ckeditor.com/](http://ckeditor.com/)
- The Forms plugin for CKEditor (normally installed by default)
- Extract the downloaded repository
- Copy the **html5validation** folder to your **”ckeditor/plugins/”** folder
- Open the **”ckeditor/config.js”** file in your favorite text editor
- Add **html5validation** to **config.extraPlugins** and save your changes. If that line isn’t found, add it. EX:
config.extraPlugins = ‘html5validation’;
Credits / Tribute
This plugin was developed and is maintained by the [https://totalwebservices.net/](Total Web Services team).
A big thanks goes out to the following people & organizations:
WebsiteRelevance.com – for supporting the development of the plugin.
CKEditor – For providing CKEditor so we could build this plugin for it.
Piotrek Reinmar Koszuliński – A developer on the CKEditor team who pointed us in the right direction with a bug we encountered during development.
Licensed under GPL Version 3.0. For additional details please see the LICENSE.md file.